I hope that everyone is having a great day! Thanks to all that participated in the September 11, 2011 Day of Service and Remembrance!
My main goal for the Kingman Park Community is to work to make a “Good” community “Great”! I look forward to working with you in the community!
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Cheers, Lisa White
ANC Commission SMD 7D01-Kingman Park
(202) 706-4713 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tonight, Tuesday September 13, 2011 the 7D Commission will have its first meeting since the summer break. The meeting is at the 6th District Police Station 100 42nd Street NE Washington, DC at 6:30pm.
• Day of Service and Remembrance in Kingman Park on Sunday, September 11, 2011 was a huge success. Over 60 community volunteers came throughout the day to work on this project. We still have a few touch ups to complete i.e.; finish the Kingman Park sign and install the benches.
• For some odd reason, others are against the Kingman Park Beautification Project. To show support of this project, please send an email to DC Commission on the Art and Humanities via: Zoma Wallace email@example.com Deirdre Ehlen firstname.lastname@example.org Also a petition is going around in support of this project. Please sign the petition in support of this project.
The Orange Hat Patrol will be walking with the Metropolitan Police Department – MPD on Thursday, September 29, 2011 from 7pm-8pm.
• Next Single Member District meeting is Monday, September 26, 2011 @ 6:30pm in the newly designed Triangle Park. Guest Speakers: DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, DC Clean River Project and Mr. Manley owner of Pool Hall at 2403 Benning Road NE.
• Do you have a home based service in Kingman Park? If so, let me know! It is good know if there are resources that we can in the community.
• Construction on the 711 at 2501 Benning Road will start on tomorrow Wednesday September 14, 2011.
• The newly constructed Maloof Money Cup Skateboard Park will be open to the community sometime the beginning of October 2011. I will update once I get the exact date.
• There have been several incidents happening on our community. Several stolen autos, theft from autos and stolen tags reports have been reported. If you see something, Please say something; Call 911!
PSA: 103 CCN: 11132563 RPT DATE: 09/10/2011 SHIFT: OFFENSE: Stolen Auto METHOD: BLOCK: 500 B/O 23RD PL NE LOCATION: Street/Highway/ Road START DT: 09/09/2011 START TM: 22:30:00 END DT: 09/10/2011 END TM: 11:30:00
PSA: 103 CCN: 11132634 RPT DATE: 09/10/2011 SHIFT: OFFENSE: Stolen Auto METHOD: BLOCK: 500 B/O 23RD PL NE LOCATION: Street/Highway/ Road START DT: 09/09/2011 START TM: 22:30:00 END DT: 09/10/2011 END TM: 11:00:00
PSA: 103 CCN: 11133040 RPT DATE: 09/11/2011 SHIFT: OFFENSE: Stolen Auto METHOD: BLOCK: 1900 B/O E ST NE LOCATION: Street/Highway/ Road START DT: 09/11/2011 START TM: 01:30:00 END DT: 09/11/2011 END TM: 01:40:00
• The church (New Bethany Christian Worship Center) 2401 Benning Road NE Washington, DC 20002 that was in the old TV shop has moved and now it seems to be a storage space of sorts. One weekend they had a yard sale. Not sure what is taking place at this location.
• The Pool Hall at 2403 Benning Road is owned by Mr. Manley. I finally had an opportunity to chat with Mr. Manley. The Pool Hall has been renovated. Mr. Manley did share some his vision for the location. There will be a deli in the front of the location; the rear location has a stage that will feature live jazz, R&B and karaoke. There are two pool tables available for patrons. Mr. Manley will present at the next community meeting with his business proposal.
• If anyone has any connections or ideas about where to have community meetings, please let me know. •
• Best Pizza and Subs was slated to open in Sporty’s. Not sure the status of this business plan.
• DC Youth Orchestra Program-DCYOP fall classes are starting soon. For more information: http://dcyop.org/registration.jsp or (202) 723-4555.
• If you have any information you would like to share with the Kingman Park, please let me know.