STREET CLOSINGS FOR THIS WEEKEND’S EVENTS
(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department would like to inform the public of street closings in conjunction with multiple events that are scheduled to be held this weekend.
Race for the Cure
On Saturday, June 2, 2012, the Pre-Race activities are scheduled to begin at approximately 6:00 am and the race will start at 8:00 am.
Beginning at approximately 11:00 pm on Friday, June 1, 2012 to 12:00 am on Sunday, June 3, 2012 the following streets along the race route will be affected by street closures:
· The race/walk will form on the Washington Monument grounds then proceed
- North on 15th Street to Constitution Avenue, NW
- West on Constitution Avenue to 22nd Street, NW, they will u-turn then proceed
- East on Constitution Avenue, NW to 21st, Street, NW
- North on 21st Street, NW to Virginia Avenue
- Southeast on Virginia Avenue, NW to Constitution Avenue to 14th Street, NW
- South on 14th Street to Jefferson Drive, SW
- East on Jefferson Drive to 7th Street, SW
- South on 7th Street, SW to Independence Avenue to 5th Street, SW where they will disband
Taste of Georgetown
On Saturday, June 2, 2012, will take place from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The following streets will be closed for the event:
Wisconsin Avenue, NW between M and K Streets, NW
The following streets will be closed from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm on Sunday, June 3, 2012
1300 Block of I Street, NW
Ford Theater Annual Gala
The following streets will be closed from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm, on Sunday, June 3, 2012
10th Street, NW, between E and F Streets, NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of these events and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.