Benning Road Extension
- Segment connects Benning Rd Metro Station to Union Station
- DDOT applied for a federal Urban Circulator Grant in 2010, but did not receive it
- DDOT plans to begin study of line early summer 2011.
- Projected ridership of over 6,000 daily boardings or 3,000 daily boardings per mile
- Located along a Great Street corridor and serves planning initiatives and redevelopment
- Connection to Metrorail at two locations
- Connects residential areas east of the Anacostia River to commercial centers and job opportunities west of the Anacostia River
- RFK Stadium redevelopment area, Spingarn High School, Spingarn-Langston Recreation Center, and connects to H/Benning Streetcar
- Benning Road Metrorail Station and adjacent commercial center
DC’s Transit Future System Plan 2010 Recommendation
*Click on Map to Enlarge the Image.*
For more information check out the
Street Car Website: www.dcstreetcar.com
If anyone have any questions, please feel free to contact me!